Schultz, D.P., & Schultz, S.E. (2012). A History of Modern Psychology, (Ed. 10th).
- Chapter 9, Behaviorism: Antecedent Influences
- Chapter 10, Behaviorism: The Beginnings
- Chapter 11, Behaviorism: After the Founding
Describe Watson’s Behaviorism, neobehaviorism and neo-neobehavorism and Watson, Skinner and Bandura Theories. In addition, provide a critical analysis of Dr. King’s ideas regarding the civil rights movement and the role of the behavioral psychologist.
Before the Assignment:
- Read the three textbook Chapters 9, 10 & 11 that are assigned for this week.
- Watch the three Youtube videos: Little Albert, B. F. Skinner and Bobo Doll Experiment.
- Read carefully Dr. Martin Luther King’s article.
Include the following in your 750-1000 word (3-4 page) paper.
- Describe the three behavioral schools and each of the most prominent theorists associated with each school:
- Behaviorism, Watson.
- Neobehaviorism, B.F. Skinner and
- Neo-neobehaviorism, Albert Bandura
- Critically think about where behavioral psychology concepts are relevant in today’s counseling field. Consider drug and alcohol use, cognitive behavioral therapy etc. In a paragraph or two, describe the relevance of behavioral psychology in the 21st century. After reading the King (1968) article, in one page (250-300 words) provide a critical analysis of what Dr. King means by the “behaviorist influence of the civil rights movement?” With this in mind, how do the behavioral theories, research and/or schools.
- After reading the King (1968) article, in one page (250-300 words) provide a critical analysis of what Dr. King means by the “behaviorist influence of the civil rights movement?” With this in mind, how do the behavioral theories, research and/or schools.
- Remember to keep your focus narrow when discussing the theorists, only discussing the most important points of their theories and/or concepts.
- In order to earn maximum points for this assignment, include an introductory paragraph (thesis statement and main points) and a concluding paragraph (summarization of the topics, along with a strong concluding statement).
- Assignment should be 3-4 pages, one page must be focused on Dr. King’s article, and follow APA formatting style.
- Times New Roman Font, 12 inch margins, double-spaced.
- Include 6 sources in your paper, citing from each of the 3 videos and also citing from each of the 3 Chapters (9,10, & 11), of your textbook and Dr. King’s article.
- Include both a title and reference page