role and scope of practice of the advanced practice nurses in clinical practice, primary care, education, administration and research
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrates a clear connection to the readings.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Discussion Question Responses: Displays an understanding of the course materials and the underlying concept discussed. Includes course materials and aIDitional scholarly resources to support important points. 15
Professional Practice Connection: Demonstrates reflective thought pertaining to personal perspectives and professional development. Reflective statements include a theoretical rationale. 10
Quality of Academic Writing: Written responses are free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors. Citations and references are included and written in the correct APA Style. 10
Discuss how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
1. Differentiate the role and scope of practice of the advanced practice nurses in clinical practice, primary care, education, administration and research.
2. Analyze a variety of health care systems in relationship to their method of access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, financing, effect on advanced practice nurses and other health professionals.
3. Analyze a specific change needed within the healthcare organization to improve the delivery of healthcare and healthcare outcomes to consumers considering factors such as method of access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, financing, effect on advanced practice nurses and other health professionals.
4. Integrate research and theory into discussions of competencies and points of view needed by an advanced practice nurse in a specific role or specialty.
5. Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
6. Evaluate models of patient care, scholarship, teaching, leadership, and change.
7. Influence health policy using ethical statements, current terminology, classifications, methods, trends.
Justify your answers using examples and reasoning.