Required Textbook Readings:
Corey, G. (2017). Theory and practice of counseling and psychotherapy (10th ed.). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 12 – Feminist Therapy
- Chapter 13 – Post-Modern Approaches
- Watch: Chapter 13 Video Activity-Narrative Therapy In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 13: How do I practice what I’ve learned
- Watch: Chapter 13 Video Activity-Solution Focused Brief Therapy In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 13: How do I practice what I’ve learned
In 250-300 words, with at least two references to course material, answer the following questions thoughtfully and with a spiritual perspective.
- Feminist Therapy is a sociopolitical movement in treatment to provide support and advocacy for people who have experienced oppression, it is not just for women who have experienced sexism. Therefore, feminist therapists are open with clients about their values and do not take a neutral stance. What kinds of benefits and setbacks could this have on clients?
- Both Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and Narrative Therapy ascribe to a client-as-expert approach to therapy. Briefly in your own words, describe what this means and how it may impact clients.
- Links: https://solutionfocused.net/what-is-solution-focused-therapy/
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words