I need support with this Management question so I can learn better.
Please view the following clip: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/us/gm-toledo-racism… then read the following article: http://planphilly.com/articles/2017/07/25/in-2017- is-white-supremacy-still-alive-and-well-in-this-philadelphia-building-trades-union
Note: GM Powertrain is a unionized facility who votes for their union officers of which some of the union officers get paid $50,000 to $100,000
Now answer the following questions:
1. Define the problem that GM Powertrain and Philly is experiencing as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
2. If the employees with power (the ability to influence due to either large numbers or protection by the union) are doing the harassing and they vote for union members—who will the union protect and why? Will they protect the harassed employees or those doing the harassing, why?
3. What does this scenario have to do with the following statements: Having a “certain” identity that society values can provide you power. Belonging to a group with power can provide you protection in the workplace.
4. Now read the following: https://societyfordiversity.wordpress.com/2012/06/… Based upon this reading, state three things that GM Powertrain and Philly should have done and three things they should not do as the scenario plays out.
5. Do you think that diversity training of the employees would help with these scenarios, why or why not?