I’m trying to study for my Business course and I need some help to understand this question.
For this Assignment, you will analyze an organization’s quality management practices according to the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award criteria. You will rate the organization on seven different criteria, with supporting examples, and will make recommendations for quality improvements.
You are an analyst in the Operations department at XYZ Corporation. The leadership team of another company (your “client”) is seeking XYZ’s services because they are considering making improvements to their operations using the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award criteria. You have been tasked with creating a report to inform the client’s decisions. The first part of the business analysis will cover the dimensions and importance of quality. The second part will cover the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award and how the client company can improve its operations by following the criteria laid out in the award. For this part, you will analyze the company and include some recommendations for how the company can make some improvements based on your analysis.
Note: The “client” in this scenario will be the company in which you are currently employed. If you are not currently employed or if there are circumstances that prevent you from performing research on your current company, use Walden University or your most recent job instead. Use the template provided in Week 6 to complete your analysis.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the Week 6 Assignment and complete an Internet search to confirm which organization/company you will analyze for Part 2.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit Part 1 of your report according to the following prompts.
- Executive Summary (1 page)
- Part 1: Dimensions of Quality (6–9 paragraphs)
- Describe what the eight dimensions of product quality are and provide a brief example of each. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- Describe what the five dimensions of service quality are and provide a brief example of each. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- Using the company you selected for Part 2, describe which dimensions of quality would be most important for the company’s main product (from the eight dimensions) or service (from the five dimensions). Explain why you selected these particular dimensions. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- What are some challenges that organizations encounter in regard to managing quality? (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- Explain why organizations should prioritize quality. Specifically: (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- How can an improvement of quality impact an organization’s productivity and production costs, as well as its profits?
- What are other benefits to the organization from pursuing quality?
- What are the potential negative effects on the organization of failing to pursue quality?
Note: Your report should adhere to the template provided. Be sure to incorporate properly formatted references to a minimum of three scholarly sources to support your work. Use the Week 5 Assignment Template, provided in this week’s Learning Resources, to complete this Assignment.