This is an individual assignment related to a historical event or nursing leader. This paper should be three to five pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. The paper should include level 1 headings (see page 62 to review levels of heading).
In review, when developing a scholarly APA paper, the paper should start with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The body of the paper should include levels of heading that keep the writer focused and on track. For example, this paper would have four (4) level one headings not including the introductory paragraph or conclusion. The paper would then have a conclusion to summarize the main points of the paper. The last page would be the reference page.
1. Identify a historical event or nursing leader from the list provided and provide rationale for your selection.
• Hospice and palliative care
• Licensure of nursing in the United States (US)
• Nursing education in the US
• Community health nursing
2. Describe the historical background of the event or the nursing leader.
3. Explain the effect the historical event or nursing leader had on the profession of nursing.
4. Provide a prediction of the future needs of nursing based on your historical event or nursing leader.
5. The paper should always begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The introductory paragraph and purpose statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to aIDress.
6. The paper should include a conclusion.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
8. Include a minimum of two references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich) to support your paper.
9. ***You may have to use historical references that are more than five years old.
10. In aIDition to your historical peer-reviewed nursing journals, you may need to use websites.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
12. Submit the assignment to Turnitin.com prior to your final submission to the assignment drop box by the posted due date. PLEASE be sure to review the originality report and make any needed changes prior to submitting to the assignment drop box.