This longer written project is designed to give you the opportunity to select an electronic health record, identifying and discussing its key features. As part of this project, you will research your chosen software’s functions and how it works. The paper should critically analyze your findings. Specifically, the paper should offer the following information and address these issues:
Name of the product
- Uses of the product
- Integration to other information systems
- User friendliness of data entry and data retrieval
- Benefits of this particular software over similar types of software
- The implementation process you would use to implement the EHR
- Other issues as identified by instructor
The name of the software you’ve chosen as the course project topic must be submitted.
A content outline for your paper , indicating how you plan to address the above criteria, and the primary sources of information you will use.
Project outline included.
Double spaced in APA style.
The length of the paper should be approximately 10-12 pages and must include a bibliography and footnotes. No plagiarism. Resources and citations required. Outline must be included in paper.
Other Content Suggestions:
- Philosophical views of the EHR
- Reduction of cost
- Improved quality of care
- Promote evidence-based medicine
- Record keeping and mobility
- Governance, privacy, and legal issues
- Privacy concerns
- Legal issues
- Legal interoperability
- Regulatory compliance
- Technical Issues
- Open specifications
- Long-term preservation and storage of records
- Synchronization of records
- E-health and tele-radiology
- Papers must be 1215 pages in length, (this would be roughly one page per area included in the report), 12-point font, double-spaced, including a cover page, table of contents, introduction, and body of the report, summary or conclusion, and works cited.
- Even though this is not a scientific writing assignment and is mostly creative in nature, references are still very important. At least six authoritative, outside references are required (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable). These should be listed on the last page, titled Works Cited.
- Appropriate citations are required.
- This paper is worth 200 total points and will be graded on quality of research topic, quality of paper information, use of citations, grammar and sentence structure.