Considering what you have learned about the field of cyberpsychology, choose one of these topics that interests you or pertains to your current job or future career:
- Artificial intelligence.
- Augmented reality.
- Big data.
- Blogging or microblogging.
- Cloud computing.
- Cloud forensics.
- Criminal networks.
- Digital divide.
- E-commerce or consumer behavior.
- Embedded computation.
- Enterprise architecture.
- Enterprise analytics.
- Energy efficiency.
- Ergonomic issues.
- Health care.
- H–CI (Human–computer interface).
- Individual differences.
- Influence and persuasion.
- Internet addiction.
- Mobile technology.
- National security.
- Online learning or virtual high school.
- Physiological interaction.
- Product development.
- Real-time analytics.
- Shadow IT.
- Social networking.
- Support groups.
- User customization.
- Virtual gaming.
Step 2: Identify Unanswered Problems or Issues
- Research the scholarly literature and reliable media to identify unanswered problems or issues related to a specific issue or problem (from the list above) in a career field.
Note the following:
- References should be mostly scholarly in nature. In other words, you should direct your research to professional psychology journals and texts, and current articles from the media (for example, articles from PewResearch, professional journals, and respected media).
- The library guide for this course will help you locate appropriate sources.
- Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information for this purpose but may be useful for background information. Do not cite Wikipedia.
Complete each section of the Qualitative Research Proposal Template, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading, to complete your research proposal. If you are not familiar with writing a research question, below are some suggestions for writing a research question:
- Ask a primary (or main) question and then, if necessary, follow with sub-questions that will lead to the primary question. For example, you may ask “How does social networking help people to feel connected?” Sub-questions may include, “What ways do people use social networking?” or “How is connectedness measured?”
- Recognize your own biases as you ask your question. For example, you may believe that social networking is a waste of time, but you should ask your question in a neutral manner. For example, “What does the research show about the psychosocial impact of social networking?” is a neutral question. “Why social networking?” is not a neutral question.
- Use question words to guide your work: How? What? Why? Where? When? With whom?
- Ensure your question is answerable by consulting research sources (such as the Internet and the Capella University Library).
- Written communication:Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Format references according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of five scholarly references.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point fo
REQUIRED FORM FOR ASSESMENT
Qualitative Research Proposal Form
Note: Boxes will expand as you type in them.
Introduce the proposed study and summarize the existing research sufficiently that your readers will understand the basis for your proposal.
2. Research Question
List each research question (or questions), in clear and specific terms, for this study.
3. Methods, Procedures, and Techniques
a) What are the methods for this study?
Provide specific information here.
b) How will you collect data?
c) Why did you choose this methodology?
d) What are the advantages of this research methodology?
e) What are the disadvantages of this methodology?
a) What is the population of interest?
b) Who are the sample participants?
c) Explain how this sample is (and is not) representative of the population. Include a discussion of any inclusion or exclusion criteria for participation.
a) What are the participant recruitment procedures?
b) What are the study procedures?
(What will you do and where will you do it in?)
What are the benefits of this study to the field of cyberpsychology? How will this study advance the field? Explain.
7. Benefits to Career Field
What are the benefits to the career field?