You have been asked to create an action plan and facility design that will integrate spiritual, religious, therapeutic, and health care functions into a new, culturally diverse assisted-living/long-term care facility for elderly people. The building is planned to house 150 people. There will be 75 assisted-living apartments and 50 rooms for residents in long-term care; of these rooms, 25 will be single-occupancy, and the other 25 will be double occupancy.
Action Plan Components
Your action plan you must:
1. Create a Spiritual Assessment Questionnaire that includes a minimum of 10 questions.
a. Discussion each question detailing why the question is important, and what information will be gleaned from the client’s answer.
b. Explain how the answer will apply to a spiritual intervention and/or therapy plan.
2. Identity Needs of Individuals: The action plan should identify how to integrate spiritual and religious practices, therapeutic activities, and health care to address the needs of the following:
a. Residents who share a double-occupancy room
b. Residents who are culturally diverse
c. Residents who lack a specific spiritual identity
d. Residents who are grieving for another resident who passed away
e. Privacy concerns for all residents
f. Employees, who are equally a part of the environment
3. Facility Plans: Design plans for the facility need to include spiritual elements and sacred spaces throughout the common areas from a variety of religious/spiritual perspectives, and will address:
a. Dining room(s)
b. Social hall where all the residents can assemble at one time
c. Small zones where residents can meet with their families and friends
d. A place where residents can gather for private or small-group spiritual rituals
e. A private office where a spiritual assessment can be administered
f. Offices and other public workspaces of employees
Your eight to ten page (not including title and reference pages) action plan and facility design should demonstrate an understanding of the concepts learned throughout the course and must include a minimum of six scholarly sources (including the textbook). Utilize the Ashford University Library to locate scholarly journal articles. Keep in mind that both the action plan and the facility design must be substantiated by your sources. Your paper and citations must be in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly sources (including the textbook).
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.